Understanding your healthcare costs can be a challenge. Costs depend on many factors, including your insurance, where you received care, and the types of services you received.
Types of bills you may receive as part of your service include a facility fee or hospital bill for the emergency, specialty, or ancillary services provided where you were treated. You may also receive a professional fee for the services your care provider(s) performed; and lab fees for tests, diagnostic processing and interpretation of your results. Find the full list of UW Medicine locations here.
Insurance coverage varies among individual insurers and policies. Please call your insurance company before your visit to understand what they will pay, which providers and hospitals are in-network, and what you will need to pay out-of-pocket. It is your responsibility to provide UW Medicine staff with your insurance coverage information, and to notify them if your coverage changes. Bring your insurance and photo ID cards with you to your appointment. Find out how to prepare for your appointment here.
If you need help with your bill, you may qualify for Financial Assistance. This help is available for some underinsured and uninsured patients. Learn more about UW Medicine's financial assistance program.
Estimated average prices for medical services at UW Medicine can be found at the links below. These estimated prices include the facility portion of a patient bill and professional fees charged by physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Harborview Medical Center estimated prices
- UW Medical Center estimated prices
- Valley Medical Center estimated prices
- Northwest Hospital estimates prices
- For UW Neighborhood Clinic estimates, please ask at the clinic’s front desk or call the appointment line at 206.520.5000.
If your procedure is covered by insurance, the insurance company will decide the amount you are responsible for paying. Your total final bill will probably be very different from the estimated price. In order to understand your financial responsibility, it's important that you contact your insurance company once your provider has told you the procedures likely to be performed.
You may qualify for financial assistance if you do not have insurance coverage, if you are unable to pay the patient responsibility portion of your bill, and if you meet certain income criteria. Our staff can also help you apply for public health insurance programs such as Medicaid or Washington State Health Insurance.
* Any estimates provided are not exact. We cannot know in advance the type and amount of care you and your provider will decide is needed. Your charges will depend on the actual services you receive.
Your payment is due and payable 30 days from the date on the statement. This applies to patients with or without health insurance coverage. If you are having difficulty paying your bill in full, you may contact Patient Financial Services at the location you have received care to arrange a payment plan.
Washington State's Health Benefit Exchange website can help you find an insurance plan.
Below is a list of health insurance plans and government programs in which UW Medicine participates. Important: Please contact your insurance company to be sure that your care at UW Medicine will be covered. UW Medicine does not participate in every plan that each insurance company offers. Your benefit plan may have specific networks for mental health, vision, or transplant services that do not include UW Medicine. In those cases, UW Medicine would be considered "out-of-network," and your care here would not be covered.
Commercial health insurance plans
- Boeing BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois
- First Choice Health Network
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of WA fka Group Health (HMO plans require permission from Kaiser FHP before services can be provided)
- LifeWise Health Plan of WA
- Premera Blue Cross
- Regence Blue Shield
- Uniform Medical Plan administered by Regence BlueShield
- Washington Apple Health (Managed Medicaid plans, including Amerigroup, Coordinated Care, Community Health Plan of Washington (specialty care only), Molina Healthcare of Washington, United Healthcare Community Plan)
- Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- Indian Health Services
- Washington State Medicaid
- Medicare – Original Part A and Part B
- Medicare Advantage, including Aetna, Amerigroup, Community Health Plan of Washington (specialty care only), Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of WA fka Group Health (specialty care only), Molina Healthcare, Premera Blue Cross, Regence Blue Shield, UnitedHealthcare
Harborview and UW Medical Center
- Online billing inquiries
- Phone: 206.598.1950, Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Mailing address: Campus Box 359430, Seattle, WA 98195-9430
- Physical location: UW Tower, 4333 Brooklyn Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98195-9430
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- Phone: 206.668.6440 or toll free 1-877-364-6440, Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Mailing address: P.O. Box 34433, Seattle, WA 98124
- Physical location: Northwest Outpatient Medical Center (OPMC), 10330 Meridian Ave. N., Suite 260
Valley Medical Center
- Phone: 425.251.5178 option 3, Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Mailing address: PO Box 35152, Seattle, WA 98124-5152
- Physical address: 3600 Lind Avenue, Suite 110, Renton, WA 98057
- Phone: 206.520.9300, Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Mailing address: P.O. Box 34115, Seattle, WA 98124-1115
Neighborhood Clinics/Hall Health
- Phone: 866.245.4373, Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
UW Laboratory Medicine
- Phone: 206.616.8900, Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA)
- Phone: 206.606.6226, Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
UW Medicine offers financial assistance, under its Financial Assistance policy, to eligible patients unable to pay for emergency or other medically necessary care. Patients who choose UW Medicine benefit from our experience, expertise and the most advanced medical care available, all within one health system. “UW Medicine” includes Airlift Northwest, Harborview Medical Center (HMC), UW Medical Center (UWMC), Northwest Hospital & Medical Center (NWH), UW Physicians (UWP), UW Neighborhood Clinics (UWNC), and Valley Medical Center (VMC).
- UW Medicine financial assistance policy
- Financial assistance plain language summary
- Financial assistance application
- Financial assistance opt-in/opt-out provider listings:
- Federal poverty guidelines
- Hospital billing and collection policies:
- Notices of Nondiscrimination
For information about financial assistance in other languages, click the links below.
የሚሰጠው የፋይናንስ እርዳታ
UW Medicine ባለው የፋይናንስ እርዳታ ፖሊሲ መሠረት፣ ለድንገተኛ ሕክምና ወይም ለሌላ በሕክምና አስፈላጊ ለሆነ እንክብካቤ መክፈል ለማይችሉ ብቁ ታካሚዎች የፋይናንስ እርዳታ ይሰጣል። የ UW Medicine ን የሚመርጡ ታካሚዎች፣ ካለን ልምድ፣ ሞያና ባለው በጣም ዘመናዊ በሆነው የሕክምና እንክብካቤ፣ ሁሉንም ባንድ የጤና ጥበቃ ጥላ ሥር ማግኘት ይችላሉ። “UW Medicine”፣ የሚከተሉትን Airlift Northwest, Harborview Medical Center (HMC)፣ UW Medical Center (UWMC)፣ Northwest Hospital & Medical Center (NWH)፣ UW Physicians (UWP)፣ UW Neighborhood Clinics (UWNC)፣ እና Valley Medical Center (VMC) ያካተተ ነው።
UW Medicine 根据其经济援助政策向无法支付紧急或其他医疗必要护理费用的患者提供经济援助。选择 UW Medicine 的患者会受益于我们的经验、专业知识和最先进的可用医疗护理，而这一切都在一个医疗系统内提供。“UW Medicine”包括 Airlift Northwest（西北空运）、Harborview Medical Center（港景医疗中心，简称 HMC）、UW Medical Center（华盛顿大学医疗中心，简称 UWMC）、Northwest Hospital & Medical Center（西北医院和医疗中心，简称 NWH）、UW Physicians（华盛顿大学医师，简称 UWP）、UW Neighborhood Clinics（华盛顿大学邻里区诊所，简称 UWNC）和 Valley Medical Center（山谷医疗中心，简称 VMC）。
ਪੇਸ਼ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਵਿੱਤੀ ਸਹਾਇਤਾ
UW Medicine ਆਪਣੀ ਵਿੱਤੀ ਸਹਾਇਤਾ ਨੀਤੀ ਦੇ ਅਧੀਨ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਪਾਤਰ ਰੋਗੀਆਂ ਲਈ ਵਿੱਤੀ ਸਹਾਇਤਾ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ, ਜੋ ਐਮਰਜੈਂਸੀ ਜਾਂ ਚਿਕਿਤਸਾ ਰੂਪ ਨਾਲ ਲਾਜ਼ਮੀ ਹੋਰ ਦੇਖਭਾਲ ਲਈ ਭੁਗਤਾਨ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਸਮਰੱਥ ਹਨ। ਉਹ ਰੋਗੀ, ਜੋ ਸਾਡੇ ਅਨੁਭਵ, ਮੁਹਾਰਤ ਅਤੇ ਉਪਲਬਧ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਵੱਧ ਉੱਨਤ ਚਿਕਿਤਸਾ, ਸਭ ਕੁਝ ਇੱਕ ਸਿਹਤ ਪ੍ਰਣਾਲੀ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ, ਤੋਂ UW Medicine ਬੈਨਿਫਿਟ ਦੀ ਚੋਣ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ। “UW Medicine” ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਲ ਹੈ ਏਅਰਲਿਫਟ ਨੌਰਥਵੈਸਟ (Airlift Northwest), ਹਾਰਬਰਵਿਊ ਮੈਡੀਕਲ ਸੈਂਟਰ (Harborview Medical Center) (HMC), UW ਮੈਡੀਕਲ ਸੈਂਟਰ (UW Medical Center) (UWMC), ਨੌਰਥਵੈਸਟ ਹਸਪਤਾਲ ਐਂਡ ਮੈਡੀਕਲ ਸੈਂਟਰ (Northwest Hospital & Medical Center) (NWH), UW ਫਿਜੀਸ਼ੀਅੰਸ (UW Physicians) (UWP), UW ਨੇਬਰਹੁਡ ਕਲੀਨਿਕ (UW Neighborhood Clinics) (UWNC) ਅਤੇ ਵੈਲੀ ਮੈਡੀਕਲ ਸੈਂਟਰ (Valley Medical Center) (VMC)।
Предлагаемая Финансовая Помощь
В соответствии с существующими Правилами Предоставления Финансовой Помощи, для пациентов, не способных оплатить услуги неотложной или иной, требуемой по состоянию здоровья медицинской помощи, UW Medicine предлагает финансовую помощь. Пациенты, избравшие UW Medicine, пользуются преимуществом нашего опыта, профессиональных знаний и самых современных методов медицинского обслуживания—всего этого в рамках единой медицинской системы. «UW Medicine» включает в себя Airlift Northwest, Harborview Medical Center (HMC), UW Medical Center (UWMC), Northwest Hospital & Medical Center (NWH), UW Physicians (UWP), Valley Medical Center (VMC), а также UW Neighborhood Clinics (UWNC).
Kaalmada Dhaqaale ee La Bixiyo
UW Medicine waxay siisaa kaalmo dhaqaale, oo hoos timaada Xeerkeeda Kaalmada Dhaqaale, bukaanada u-qalma ee aan awoodin inay bixiyaan daryeelka gurmadka degdeg ah ama wixii kale ee daawayn daruuri ah. Bukaanada doortay UW Medicine waxay ka faa'idi waayo-aragnimadayada, khibraddayada iyo daryeelkayaga caafimaad ee casriga ah, kuwaas oo dhammaan isku hal nidaam oo caafimaad ah. “UW Medicine” waxaa kamid ah Airlift Northwest, Harborview Medical Center (HMC), UW Medical Center (UWMC),Northwest Hospital & Medical Center (NWH), UW Physicians (UWP), Neighborhood Clinics (UWNC), iyo Valley Medical Center (VMC).
Asistencia financiera ofrecida
UW Medicine ofrece asistencia financiera, conforme a la Política de Asistencia Financiera, a los pacientes que cumplen con los requisitos y que no pueden pagar urgencias u otra asistencia médica necesaria. Los pacientes que eligen UW Medicine se benefician de nuestra experiencia, nuestra pericia y la asistencia médica más avanzada del momento, todo en un solo sistema de salud. “UW Medicine” incluye Airlift Northwest, Centro Médico Harborview (Harborview Medical Center, HMC), Centro Médico de la Universidad de Washington (UW Medical Center, UWMC), Centro Médico y Hospital Northwest (Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, NWH), Médicos de la Universidad de Washington (UW Physicians, UWP), Clínicas del Vecindario de la Universidad de Washington (UW Neighborhood Clinics, UWNC) y Centro Médico Valley (Valley Medical Center, VMC).
Cấp Trợ Giúp Tài Chánh
UW Medicine cấp trợ giúp tài chánh, chiếu theo Chính Sách Trợ Giúp Tài Chánh, cho những bệnh nhân hội đủ điều kiện không thể trả tiền cho sự điều trị khẩn cấp hoặc điều trị cần thiết khác. Những bệnh nhân chọn UW Medicine sẽ được hưởng lợi ích từ kinh nghiệm, trình độ chuyên môn của chúng tôi và sự chăm sóc y tế tân tiến nhất hiện nay, tất cả đều ở trong một hệ thống chăm sóc sức khỏe. “UW Medicine” bao gồm Airlift Northwest, Trung Tâm Y Khoa Harborview (HMC), Trung Tâm Y Khoa UW (UWMC), Bệnh Viện & Trung Tâm Y Khoa Northwest (NWH), UW Physicians (UWP), Các Phòng Khám UW Trong Khu Phố (UWNC), và Trung Tâm Y Khoa Valley (VMC).