- AMCAS: Oct. 15, 11:59pm Eastern
- Transcripts must be received by AMCAS within 2 weeks of AMCAS application submission
- Secondary: Dec. 1, 11:59pm Pacific
- Please note—for WWAMI applicants, the Secondary Application isn’t complete until the residency step is completed. Deadlines depend on your state (see Residence Certification page for more info)
- WA residents have additional deadlines—please see below.
- MSTP Supplemental: Dec. 30
- MCAT Requirement
- If you’d like an MCAT score considered with your application, it should be completed no later than September 30 of year you’re applying.
- All Casper test administrations are on Eastern time
- MD Only
- Non-WWAMI/Out-of-Region: 9/23/2021
- WWAMI: 10/28/2021
- Please note that the Non-WWAMI/Out-of-Region deadlines are prior to the AMCAS application deadline, so applicants may need to register for Casper and indicate that scores be sent to the University of Washington SOM prior to submitting their AMCAS application.
- The deadline for non-WWAMI/Out-of-Region applicants is before the WWAMI deadline due to the interview calendar and the additional review processes for these applicants.
- WWAMI residents applying for both MD and MD/PhD must take Casper by 10/28/2021
- For more information, see our Casper page
- Deadline is TBD
- Deadline for submitting WA Residence History Form (in UWSOM Application Portal)
- No later than September 15 (by 11:59pm Pacific)
- If you are asked to complete the WA Residence History Form after September 15, the deadline is 1 week (by 11:59pm Pacific) after receiving the email to complete the questionnaire.
- WA Residents will not receive a Secondary until they complete the WA Residency History Form.
- Deadline for submitting initial documentation in Residency Portal
- If you are asked to submit residency paperwork prior to October 1, the deadline is 3 weeks (by 11:59pm Pacific) after receiving the email to submit paperwork.
- If you are asked to submit residency paperwork after October 1, the deadline is 1 week (by 11:59pm Pacific) after receiving the email to submit paperwork.
- If you are unable to meet these deadlines, you must contact Admissions prior to the deadline to request an extension.
- The UW Residence Classification Office makes all residency decisions. The paperwork must be complete for them to make a review. For applicants who are requested to verify, explicit instructions will be provided. The UWSOM Admissions Office must receive the residency decision no later than December 1 (by 11:59pm Pacific) for your Secondary to be complete by the deadline. Applicants must be responsive to email and submit paperwork in a timely manner.
Premedical Course Requirements
- We recommend you complete your premedical course requirements before you apply, however, if you are found to need another course to matriculate, the deadlines are below.
- For Entering Class of 2021 (E-21): by June 30, 2021
- For Entering Class of 2022 (E-22): by June 30, 2022
- AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool
- Plan to Enroll date: 11:59pm Pacific April 30, 2021
- For Entering Class of 2021 (E-21) MSTP must commit to enroll by 11:59pm Pacific May 22, 2021
- For Entering Class of 2021 (E-21) MD Only Commit to enroll date: 11:59pm Pacific July 12, 2021
- For Entering Class of 2022 (E-22) MD Only Commit to enroll date: 11:59pm Pacific June 27, 2022
- You must also respond to our offer of acceptance through our Applicant Portal by the deadline indicated in your acceptance contract.
- Accepted applicants will be notified by UWSOM Admissions about which transcripts are required.
- For Entering Class of 2021 (E-21): due July 15
Criminal Background Check
- We recommend completing the Criminal Background Check by April 15th or within 2 weeks of acceptance
- Notify UW Disability Resources for Students (DRS) of any accommodation requests by April 15th or within 2 weeks of acceptance